Protect Yourself and Your Career
FRAUDCON: A FREE Virtual Summit from Film Launch
Your phone rings.
It’s your agent, letting you know you’ve been requested by a high-profile studio exec for an upcoming feature film.
The only catch?
You’ve got to drop everything and fly to Indonesia to meet with the creative team.
This is what you’ve been building towards. It almost feels too good to be true.
Do you listen to your gut? Or throw caution to the wind?
The Set Up
Hollywood fraudsters and con men prey on the dreams of unsuspecting producers, actors, directors, and screenwriters. It’s what makes fraud in the entertainment industry especially insidious.
Every year, millions of dollars are stolen through fraudulent investment, sales, and distribution deals. There are a number of other ways fraud can present itself in the entertainment industry, including wage and IP theft.
Information about how to combat fraud and theft is largely unavailable. No one is talking about this problem because no one wants to talk about it.
On April 24th and 25th, 2021, Film Launch hosted FRAUDCON 2021.
This FREE two-day virtual summit is designed to educate filmmakers, actors, producers, and investors on the prevalence of fraud and theft in the film industry, and give them tools to keep from getting conned as they build their careers.
We believe so strongly in the power of information that we have made the recordings from this summit available for free, to anyone
When you fill out the form below, you’ll be granted instant access to the entire FRAUDCON lineup including:
- FRAUD COLLEGE: a presentation from FBI SSA Rich Alexander on all of the different types of fraud.
- INVESTMENT FRAUD PRIMER: a workshop from entertainment attorney David Pierce on what fraud looks like at different stages in a film career and highlighting the differences between fraud, scams, and “shady-but-not-illegal” practices.
- An expert panel discussion on INVESTMENT FRAUD.
- Stories from victims of INVESTMENT FRAUD.
- A conversation with Alex Ferrari of Indie Film Hustle about fraudulent sales and distribution tactics.
- An expert panel discussion on SALES AND DISTRIBUTION DEALS.
- A conversation with the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office about WAGE THEFT and HIRING FRAUD.
- An expert panel discussion on WAGE THEFT AND HIRING FRAUD.
- And much more!